The Best Memory Card or SD Card Readers in 2021
We first discovered the wonders of high-quality external hard drives. Despite their size, they couldn’t fit into your Smartphone, GoPro, or digital camera. It was wires, wires, wires if you wanted to transfer data like music, videos, and memories from one computer to another, storage has evolved, and data transfer has evolved quite a bit. SD card readers, thankfully, can do all of this and more, and the best SD card reader is a quick plug-and-play tool for transferring multiple files between your ever-growing collection of devices.
SmartQ USB 3.0 Portable Card Reader
The SmartQ USB 3.0 Portable Card Reader is compatible with a range of storage cards and operates with USB 3.0 and 2.0 to provide greater transfer flexibility. The sliding cap protects the USB head and prevents damage when in transit, and the sleek black design looks fantastic.
- For improved usability, the advanced design includes a sliding cap.
- No software installation is required for a simple plug-and-play setup.
- USB 2.0 devices are backward compatible.
- Since it is self-powered, there is no downtime. It is always ready to use.
IOGEAR 3-in-1 USB-C Quantum SD Card Reader
- The product belongs to IOGEAR, and the model is GFR3C15.
- 312 Mbps reading speed and 260 Mbps writing speed
- It contains USB 2.0 compatibility.
- It fits with Thunderbolt 3 computers as well.
It has a sleek design that makes it an external SD card reader that can blend in with Apple items without appearing out of place, despite being slightly more significant than others. There’s not much this baby can’t do, mainly since it’s USB 2.0 compatible. More great items like this are found in our handy guide to the best USB flash drives.
Transcend USB 3.0 SD Card Reader
The Transcend USB 3.0 SD Card Reader is our favorite SD card adapter because it’s fast, easy to use, and intuitive enough that you won’t have to lift a finger. It’s a USB 3.0 card reader that’s also USB 2.0 compatible, so even non-techies can join in the fun and transfer various file types in seconds, from images to music.
- The USB is compatible with USB 2.0.
- It can support SDHC (UHS-I), SDXC (UHS-I), microSD, microSDHC (UHS-I), and microSDXC (UHS-I).
- Insertion of an LED card and activity indicator for data transfer
- The users can download RecoveRx data recovery software for free.
- Portable and stylish
Unitek 3-Slot USB 3.0 C Card Reader
It works with new devices, like smartphones running Android 6.0 or higher, and although it comes with a cord, it’s just 1 foot long so that you can hold everything close at hand, or should we say keyboard? It’s stylish, it’s brilliant, and it’s an excellent option for busy professionals who need fast, painless data transfers.
The Best Features:
- It supports 3 SD cards at the same time
- SDHC, SDXC, and MicroSD cards are all compatible with this 3-port configuration
- The product comes with a 1-foot long cable.
- The model number is Y-9324BGY.
Lexar Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Card Reader
The Best Features:
- The Lexar USB gadget is with the model LRW400CRBNA.
- It is a fast-speed USB 3.0.
- The transfer rate is 500mbps.
- CF and SD cards compatible
The Card Reader is an excellent pick for that on-the-go for easy deployment wherever it’s needed, thanks to its design that protects the input port. It has a data transfer rate of up to 500Mbps and a pop-up interface that keeps your ports clear when not in use.
Anker 8-in-1 USB 3.0 Portable SD Card Reader
- The gadget brand is Anker, and the model is 68ANREADER-B2A.
- It can read & write at the same time on 2 SD Cards.
- Data transfer speed is 5 Gbps.
- It can support various SD cards.
- Lightweight and portable
- It doesn’t need any driver installation.
The Card Reader is a more flexible choice than our best-selling memory card reader at a slightly higher price. It’s small and takes up little space near your USB ports, and it transfers data to up to 5Gbps.
UGREEN SD Card Reader Hub
- Various SD cards compatibility
- No driver needed to run this technology
- Data transfer speed is 5Gbps.
- Simultaneous access decreases the amount of time spent unplugging and reconnecting.
The UGREEN SD Card Reader Hub is an excellent choice for photographers and video editors who deal with various media. It supports CF, SD, microSD, and TF cards and is made of high-quality copper to keep your computer secure when in use.
Verbatim USB-C Pocket Card Reader
The Verbatim USB-C Pocket Card Reader is a fast-speed SD reader, and it’s sleek and easy to use. It’s compatible with USB-C, making it an excellent option for newer computers. The integrated USB cable, though small, prevents clutter and protects the device from being damaged by banging it against desks and walls.
The Best Features:
- The model number is 99236.
- Modern design
- Provides the better storage and portability option
- It supports multiple SD card formats.
- USB-C ports compatible
SanDisk ImageMate All-In-One USB 3.0 Reader And Writer
The USB 3.0 link transfers all forms of files, including music and images, at speeds of up to 500Mbps. You’ll be ready for something with several card ports, and the durable stand helps minimize clutter, so it looks as good on your desk as your phone.
- High performance with 500Mbps speed
- Fast data transfer speed for various files and data
- Includes multiple ports for reliable data transfer
- Sleek and stylish design