How to Get a US Student Visa

The United States accepts international students who wish to study in the country. Both student visa applicants must be admitted and approved by their school or program before applying for a visa. Educational institutions can provide each applicant with the requisite clearance paperwork to request when applying for a student visa after they have been approved.

VISA Types:

  • Visa type F-1: The most popular form of student visa is this one. F-1 access is needed if you choose to pursue undergraduate education in the United States at an authorized institution, such as a U.S. college or university, a private high school, or an approved English language program. If you intend to research for more than 18 hours a week, you will require an F-1 visa.
  • Visa type M-1: An M-1 visa is needed if you choose to enroll in non-academic or vocational research or training at a U.S. university. The Education USA website provides more details about both tickets and research programs in the United States.

Public Colleges in the United States of America

Immigrant students cannot attend public primary school (kindergarten through eighth grade) or a federally supported adult education program in the United States. Therefore, F-1 visas cannot be given to students entering those universities.

An F-1 visa will be used to enter a public high school (grades 9 through 12), although the student is only permitted to remain for 12 months. On Form I-20, the school may also state that the student has charged the unsubsidized cost of education and the sum requested by the student for that reason.

Visit the Department of State’s website for more information on F-1 legal standards.

Note: Nonimmigrant visa holders with the A, E, F-2, G, H-4, J-2, L-2, M-2, or other derivative nonimmigrant visas can enter public elementary and secondary schools.

Application Requirements:

You must request the following documentation to qualify for an F or M visa:

  • Form DS-160, Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application. For further detail on the DS-160, go to the DS-160 home page.
  • A passport is valid for travel to the United States that is valid for at least six months stay in the region (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If your passport includes more than one person, each person who wants a visa must apply separately.
  • Take one (1) 2″x2″ (5cmx5cm) picture in the last six months. The appropriate picture format is listed on this web page.
  • A voucher for the non-refundable US$160 nonimmigrant visa application processing charge is charged in local currency. More details about paying this tax can be found on this website. Depending on your ethnicity, there could be an extra visa issuance reciprocity charge if a visa is given. You will find out why you must accept a visa issuance reciprocity charge and how much it costs on the Department of State’s website.
  • An I-20 type from the U.S. school or curriculum that has been accepted.
  • Travel past dating back ten years.
  • sibling and children’s list

You may also present an interview appointment letter stating that you scheduled an appointment with this program and these things. You can also carry any supporting documentation that you feel can bolster the consular officer’s details.

Related Posts